Complete the story. Use the correct form of the Past Simple or Past Continuous.
A few years ago, when I 1)___(be) a student, I 2)_____(arrange) to meet a friend who 3)____(visit) London for a weekend. Unfortunately, I 4) _____(forget) to ask him one very important thing-the full name and address of his hotel. I 5)____(not have) any way to contact him, so I just 6)___(decide) to look for him in the busiest street in the city! What 7)___I____(think)? Anyway, I 8)____(begin) to give up when - you`ve guessed it -I 9) _____(look) up and 10)____(see) my friend. He 11)______(walk) straight towards me with a big smile on his face.
VI. Complete the sentences using the superlative form
of the adjective.
1. That house is very old. Yes,
__________________ in the village.
2. The Ritz is a very expensive hotel. Yes,
__________________ in London.
3. Hambledon is a very pretty village. Yes,
_________________ in England.
4. Everest is a very high mountain. Yes,
____________________ in the world.
5. This is a very easy exercise. Yes,
_________________ in the book.
Answers: 1. Yes, it’s the
oldest house in the village. 2. Yes, it’s the most expensive hotel in London.
3. Yes, it’s the prettiest village in England. 4. Yes, it’s the highest
mountain in the world. 5. Yes, it’s the easiest exercise in the book.